Hello Recessionista's! I know it's been a little while since i last posted anything however- I should be back and running pretty soon!
To kick it back up I ran into an article on when to Splurge and when to save this morning and couldn't agree more with. Below i have the items listed in the article with my won twist on why I agree as well as a few items I think we should consider splurging on:
1. Leather Jacket- or a lamb skin. You can find non-leather jackets that are just as great also if you're against wearing animal skin.
2. Jeans- we all know the coworker that wears ill-fitted jeans. Don't be THAT person.
3. Bra's- nothing is more embarrassing then a women with a great set of assets and a poorly fitted bra. Get one or two that fits and wash them properly. Take care of the items that make you feel and look your best!
4. Black Dress- I think when we say spend vs splurge- it doesn't mean u should go out and spend a fortune- but take the time to find one that fits you like a glove. You may get lucky and find the last AMAZING dress discounted. Just have your perfect go to dress.
5. Blazer- a fitted one. You can wear this anywhere and everywhere- haveing one great Blazer will take u from the office to the after party in style.
6. A great Work Bag- I am a huge advocate for saving up for a great bag. You can take that ONE bag with you everywhere. I work in an office 5 days a week and like a great big bag for shopping. A great work bag is ideal for someone like me. Instead i don't have to constantly purchase new bags- they'll end up costing more than the ONE investment bag.
7. Shoes- you don't need to buy a Louboutin but take a moment to purchase shoes that wont give u blisters.
Sandals- although i always say you should invest in your feet. You can always find a imitation of the high end sandals with the same comfort at a lower price. Let's be real If it's flat then they probably didn't put much effort in creating them.
Skirt and printed pants- Buy a skirt that flatters you- however most skirts don't need to be THAT tailored so you can save in this category. Printed pants come and go so I would save those extra $$$ on something you would rather splurge on.
Formal dress- you wear this ONCE. So unless you're a celebrity- I would save your precious Benjamin's in this category.
Read more here: http://shopping.yahoo.com/news/5-fashion-items-that-are-worth-a-splurge-and-4-that-aren%E2%80%99t-213602423.html